In my previous post I promised to share some details about how I found a job on LinkedIn right away. Let’s talk about how to actually stand out on LinkedIn when you have 225+ million competitors there today. So, I already showed you my profile stats. Here’s more about my LinkedIn – the so-called secrets of success:
- My LinkedIn profile URL is my actual name [see the screenshot below]
- I have 2034 connections 95% of which are in the Atlanta area,
- I belong to 52 relevant to my interests groups and I’m active there,
- I update my status regularly with interesting articles, blogs I write, and other information about what I do,
- I have a professionally-done profile picture with a friendly smile on it,
- I have a comprehensive summary as a plain text and in bullet points for those who don’t have time to read through,
- I have projects I accomplished and courses / certifications I completed listed under an appropriate category,
- My tagline is very specific and targeted and speaks out for me,
- I’ve been endorsed for my skills as well as recommended nearly 40 times by people,
- and finally I have ACCOMPLISHMENTS area for each of my positions.
My profile’s strength is rates as “ALL STARS ”
The secret is this: you don’t build your LinkedIn profile in a day. It takes time and the trust of people. But if you stay consistent and do what it takes, keep your profile professional, relevant, fresh, and unique, you will stand out in the 225+ million members LinkedIn community.
On Wed next week I will show you my Accomplishments-Based Resume and the EXACT cover letter I submitted, after which I got a call from a decision maker in 15 min. Stay tuned!